THIS WEEK'S PRIZES:
Cindy Scull and KEGL were at The Boiler Room for a meet and greet with Drowning Pool Wednesday!
The guys from 3 Doors Down stopped by the studio to talk with one and only Cindy Scull on 4-8-11
FREESTYLE MOTOCROSS AT AAC
come back tomorrow for another hint.
XBOX ONE VS PS4....EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!
The E3 game conference in LA is on with lots of info about the next generation of consoles. The Xbox briefing included its price tag, major changes to Xbox Live gold memberships, new features for the SmartGlass app, and increased capacity for your friends lists. We've also got the price for the new Playstation, and exclusive games for each console.
Here are some of the highlights:
• The Xbox One hits stores in November with a $499.99 price.
The Xbox One requires gamers to maintain a constant internet connection. If your Xbox One is disconnected for longer than 24 hours, your games will cease to function. You'll still be able to watch TV, use Blu-rays and surf the web, but your games will be off limit. This has made a lot of gamers very mad, so it's surely a huge advantage for Sony that the PS4 has no such limitations.
• Xbox SmartGlass has been upgraded so that you can perform more console functions on your handheld SmartGlass device. That includes setting up your Xbox One multiplayer matches, and even playing a single player game on it while you wait.
Microsoft will allow you to give an Xbox One game away by transferring its license but with two restrictions: 1. A game can only be given once, and 2. You can only give to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days. The ability to loan or rent games will not be available at launch. The ability to sell a used game to a retailer like GameStop will be left entirely up to the publisher of the game.
• Twitch is integrated into Xbox One, which means you can stream your gameplay to share with your friends.
• Your Xbox Live Gold Membership is being enhanced and starting July 1st you'll be able to download TWO FREE GAMES each month to your Xbox 360. Some of the titles that will be available include "Assassin's Creed 2" and "Halo 3".
• Gold Membership Sharing is another new feature. It's being upgraded so your membership that will allow everyone in your house reap the benefit of your gold status, and let your family game online regardless of whether you're signed on or not. (The 360 is also getting a redesign to look more like the new console. That new version is available today.)
• Unlimited Friends List: On the new console you'l no longer be limited to just 100 friends on your friends list . . . which is kind of a huge deal. Being forced to delete people to make room for a new friend has frustrated a lot of us.
• No More Microsoft Points: Everything will be priced in your local currency. That's right. No more Microsoft Points. From now on all transactions on that new Xbox One console will be done in terms of REAL money.
• Exclusive games for the new Xbox include "Dead Rising 3", "Forza 5", "Kinect: Sports Rivals", a "Killer Instinct" reboot, and of course, a new "Halo". Some of the other titles they announced are: . . . "Project Spark" which lets develop your own games and share them with the rest of the community. That includes building entire worlds, programming enemies to fight, and sharing your upgrades with each other. . . . "Titanfall" a mech game from the creators of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare". . . . "Sunset Overdrive" a cartoony shooter set in an open world environment. . . . "Quantum Break" is a game about a failed science experiment that's damaged causes rifts in time. . . . "Ryse: Son of Rome" where you're a Roman general fighting barbarians. . . . And an episodic murder mystery called "D4".
The PlayStation 4 is coming out sometime during the holidays and will cost $399.99. Some newly announced games you'll only be able to get on that system are "The Order: 1866" . . . which is a monster-slaying game set in the Victorian era . . . and a sexy-looking road racing game called "DriveClub".
In addition to coming in a hundred dollars cheaper than its main competitor, Sony announced that the PlayStation 4 won't restrict trading, selling, or lending your games. Sony will not restrict the sale of used PlayStation 4 games, nor will it prevent sharing your first-party games. Sony has said it is not enforcing any DRM (digital rights management).(Games for the Xbox One are locked to the account of the person who paid for it, which means you can't share discs with your cheapskate friends anymore.)
Sony also released the final trailer for the PS3-exclusive, post-apocalyptic action game "The Last of Us". You play as a grizzled survivor who ends up bonding with a young girl he protects from "infected" humans. It hits stores this Friday.
(A lot of people on the internet are already declaring PlayStation the winner of this console generation since PS4 is $100 cheaper, you can sell/borrow/rent games without restrictions, and play single player games without having to connect to the internet.)
More Game Reveals:
It’s worth noting that neither console is backward compatible. You won’t be able to play your Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 games on the next-gen consoles.
They also announced some more games that will be coming to both consoles. Here are a few that you might be interested in: "Mad Max", a new "Star Wars: Battlefront", Tom Clancy's "The Division", "Kingdom Hearts III", "Dragon Age Inquisition" and "Just Dance 2014".
MARILYN SENDS "DISPOSABLE TEENS" TO PARIS JACKSON... THEN SIMULATES CUTTING
Credit: Getty Images
One of the reasons PARIS JACKSON was upset the night she cut her wrists was because she was told she couldn't go to a MARILYN MANSON concert. When Marilyn heard about that, he sent Paris a message saying she was always welcome at his shows. But during his show in L.A. Thursday night . . . and we assume this is the one Paris wanted to attend . . . he did something a little less heartwarming. He dedicated the song "Disposable Teens" to Paris. He also took a microphone with a knife on the end of it and pretended to slash his wrist.
Bizaar? or too far?
Click here for a ton of photos.
METALLICA played its 1983 debut album, "Kill 'Em All", from beginning to end during a surprise INCOGNITO set at the Orion Music + More festival in Detroit, Michigan. Disguised as a no name group from Baltimore called DEHAAN ( a nod to actor Dane DeHaan, who stars in METALLICA's upcoming IMAX 3D movie, "Metallica Through The Never"), they hit the Vans Damage Inc. stage at 4:30 p.m., the METALLICA members themselves came on and reeled off songs from "Kill 'Em All" one by one, including such classics as "Hit The Lights", "Seek And Destroy" and "No Remorse".
James Hetfield posted a photo on Instagram of the DEHAAN backdrop w/the message: "Don't miss Dehaan! #MUYA #mff #UwillRegretMissingThem #IfUdoUmightKillEmAll #winkWink #getIt?"
The band's setlist was : 01. Hit The Lights 02. The Four Horsemen 03. Motorbreath 04. Jump In The Fire 05. (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth 06. Whiplash 07. Phantom Lord 08. No Remorse 09. Seek And Destroy 10.
Photo below courtesy of Orion Music + More Facebook page
"Kill 'Em All" was recorded in two weeks on a tiny budget in upstate New York. Only 1,500 copies were initially pressed, but the album was reissued by Elektra Records after they signed in 1984 and has since been certified triple platinum for sales of more than three million copies. The original title of "Kill 'Em All" was "Metal Up Your Ass". The opening cut, "Hit the Lights", was the first song that frontman James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich wrote together after forming METALLICA. Another version was on the 1982 compilation "Metal Massacre".
Lead guitarist Dave Mustaine was replaced by Kirk Hammett shortly before recording started, Mustaine still has several writing credits on the disc and went on to form MEGADETH. Many songs from the album are still part of METALLICA's set list, including "The Four Horsemen", "Seek and Destroy" and "No Remorse".
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Listen to this twice.....you'll like more the second time. But, do you think the EAGLE should play it?
Photo Via Consumerist.com
VIRAL PHOTO: F'in GROSS!
Heres the viral photo of an employee from TACO BELL licking a stack of taco's....unknown who put it up, but it is disgusting.
Taco Bell said on their Facebook page, “We have strict food handling procedures and zero tolerance for any violations. We believe this is a prank and the food was not served to customers. We are conducting an investigation and will be taking swift action against those involved.”
Who knows if its real, but maybe some of these Corporations should rethink how they pay and treat their staff. No?
MANSON IS DA PERFECT MODEL
Manson has always had that gaunt, heavy make-up, no eyebrows, fat red lips on a pastey white face thing going....what took him so long?
NEW STP WITH CHESTER B FROM LINKIN PARK ON VOCALS...THIS IS REALLY PISSING OFF SCOTT!!
Long story short...Scott was late and had a dependancy prob...STP moved on to Chester, Scott's lawyers called radio stations and threatened them w/legal garble if they played the new song and now everyone is playing it anyway. Meanwhile, STP initiated a lawsuit against Scott for trademark/copyright/intent to destroy their opportunities with their new singer, Chester. Ahhhhhh. DRAMA!