Posted June 30th, 2014 @ 11:52am
According to a new survey from CareerBuilder, 43% of employers now check social media like Facebook and Twitter before they decide to hire candidates.
Here are the ten things on social media that are most likely to get a job candidate rejected:
- Inappropriate photos or anything provocative
- Posts about drinking or doing drugs
- Negative comments about a former boss or coworker
- Anything that shows poor communication skills -- rude interactions, poor spelling/grammar, etc.
- Comments that discriminate against race, gender, or religion
- Anything that shows lies on a résumé
- Anything linked to criminal behavior
- An unprofessional user name
- Anything that shows lies to get a sick day